Tuesday, October 13, 2020

My October-November TBR List

Okay. I'm bordering on that frenzied state where I'm so excited that there are so many books I want to read, but also terrified that I will never finish them all before the next batch of amazing books come. So, I'm putting my list out into the world to ease some of my anxiety. Are any of these also on your TBR?

October
Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse - Oct. 13, 2020
This comes out today and I'm only about halfway through, but I totally recommend this engrossing fantasy that's the start of a series! I read Marie Lu's Skyhunter right before this, and I loved the characters but felt like the plot was a little simplistic. Black Sun is similar in some ways, with several outcast or lower-rank characters fighting for a place in a society that was not built for them, but is more complex and does a great job building the culture of the Meridian.

The Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop by Fannie Flagg - Oct. 27, 2020
When I picked up The All Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion, I couldn't even believe myself. Dark and moody me reading something so adorable, joyful, and probably corny? I loved it and my smile was glued to my face. Thus, I will be reading this one to lift my spirits from this time we call 2020.


November
White Ivy by Susie Yang - Nov. 3rd, 2020
Some sort of Talented Mr. Ripley situation between a young woman and her college classmate, I've been hearing about this everywhere and can't wait to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment